It’s time to get my One Room Challenge on! I'm always amazed by the complete room transformations the design participants pull off in under 2 months and I'm excited be joining as a guest participant in this latest round. If you're unfamiliar with the One Room Challenge, its a design event in its 11th season, hosted by Linda of Calling It Home and sponsored by House Beautiful. The challenge showcases the before, the during, and the highly anticipated after, of a room or rooms designed and executed in just 6 weeks. Every Thursday designers highlight the progress on their blogs, giving followers a front row seat to the full design process, challenges and all. It's a big online party celebrating creativity and community and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Here we go!
I chose a small project for this freshman entry - a reimagining of the family room of one of my favorite clients. I completed a refresh on this clients dining room over the summer and we laughed through all of our design meetings. She's not afraid of color and pattern and is an efficient and confident decision maker - in other words the perfect One Room Challenge partner. Let's get right to the "Before"
Now on to the plan for this revamped family space! I'll be:
- Expanding the gallery wall and updating the credenza styling. New lamps, frames and styling items coming soon.
- Replacing both rugs in sizes and styles that will create a separate area for media and a cozy sitting area around the fireplace.
- Replacing the window treatments.
- Updating the seating area around the fireplace with new upholstery on the chairs, new pillows and an easy fireplace refresh to make it a focal point.
- Adding new textiles throughout. Color and pattern. Lots of pillows, lots of throws, lots of comfort!
- Creating a family friendly but sophosticated space for this fun family to relax and entertain.
- Definitely having a dance party.
I'll be posting fresh updates every Thursday, so please check back if you'd like to follow along. Up next, sources and updates as we tweak this plan and start the fun! And don't forget to check out all the linking participants to see the spaces they chose and the designs they are dreaming up! Thank you for following along!